Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Every year nearly 5,000 Americans are involved in fatal truck accidents, and unfortunately, Pennsylvania has one of the highest truck accident rates in the United States. The sheer magnitude of a tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler makes these collisions particularly serious. Almost 98% of the time a collision between a large truck and passenger vehicle result in catastrophic injuries for the driver or passengers of the smaller vehicle.
It is important to consider your options in seeking compensation for property damage, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and permanent injury or disfigurement. The best way to defend yourself from the variety of complex difficulties that truck accidents presents is to hire a skilled lawyer who will work with you to get the compensation you deserve. At McEldrew Young Purtell, we understand the complexities that are associated with these catastrophic accidents, and we provide comprehensive counsel to those who have suffered injury in accidents involving speeding, driver error, aggressive driving, negligent maintenance and issues of corporate responsibility in commercial vehicle accidents of all types. We take care of all types of serious and catastrophic injury claims including brain or spinal cord injury, broken bones, burns, paralysis, and amputation or loss of limb. We also handle wrongful death claims. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury as a result of a semi-truck accident, contact our team of experienced truck accident lawyers to properly investigate and prosecute your truck accident claim.
Truck Accident Cases We Specialize In
- Rear-End Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Speed-Related Accidents
- Insufficient Vehicle Inspection & Maintenance
- Unsafe Lane Changes
- Tire Blowouts
- Unstable Weight Loads
- Wrongful Death
What to do after a Truck Accident?
If you or a loved one has been injured by a commercial truck driver, it is critical that you complete these steps before doing anything else. These four steps detail exactly what to do after an accident in order to get maximum compensation for your damages and injuries. This is critical information that major insurance companies DO NOT want you to know.
- Be examined by a doctor. Even if you feel okay because some injuries (organ, spinal- cord damage) can go undetected and cause greater damage later on. Also, being seen by a doctor allows you to properly document your injuries.
- Take photos at the accident scene. If you are unable, have a trusted friend or family member take pictures for you. Take shots from multiple angles and include shots of your vehicle, the truck, and your injuries. The police on the scene of the accident should also take photos before the site is cleared, but if they do not be sure to request that they do.
- Leave your vehicle as it is until it is appraised for damage. The repair estimate can often become covered by your claim, and mechanics may be able to determine that a defect with your vehicle contributed to the accident. In that case, the manufacturer of your car may be at fault.
- Contact an attorney. This is of the utmost importance because you can be sure that the trucking company already has specialized attorneys to minimize their liability and prevent you from receiving the full compensation you deserve. A truck accident attorney working on your behalf will conduct an investigation, gather and protect key evidence, and handle communications with all other parties involved.
McEldrew Young Purtell has won over $200,000,000 for our clients in various personal injury cases. Below are a sample of recent cases won related to truck accidents:
- $4.5 million from a defendant driver of a trucking company who failed to stop at a stop sign and crushed a mother of a 5-year-old child. Defendants were in violation of the hours of service laws.
- $2.9 million settlement on behalf of a single woman’s survivors when a truck driver failed to properly perform a pre-trip certification and inspection of wheels. As a result, the truck’s wheel came off and struck plaintiff’s vehicle, killing her.
- $1.8 million settlement on behalf of a 43-year-old woman whose vehicle was struck by a tractor-trailer that crossed the center line, causing multiple traumatic injuries and disability.
- $925,000 settlement for auto accident (policy limits) in which plaintiff was a 19-year-old passenger in a vehicle which was hit by oncoming vehicle when driver went through a stop sign. Both parties tested positive for drugs (Montgomery County, PA). Plaintiff had back surgery with hardware but never followed up with physical therapy.
- $650,000 ($500K – design defect of DOT; $100k – wrong doer; $50k – underinsurance) on behalf of a 56-year-old school teacher who sustained head injuries and cognitive deficits.
- $250,000 on behalf of a woman who sustained a knee injury resulting in multiple surgeries and inability to play sports (uninsured motorist claim; still pursuing).
- $1.35 million ($900k – auto manufacturer; $450k – disputed uninsured motorist claim from employer) on behalf of an estate of a 58-year-old man who was struck while waiting in traffic. ($400k under uninsured motorist claim still ongoing).
No Cost Unless We Win
At McEldrew Young Purtell, we take a vested interest in your case. You never pay a dime unless we win. In many cases, we can also advance the expenses necessary to work with experts. We like to view ourselves as partners in your case to maximize your damages. We fight with everything we have to get you everything you deserve. Don’t hesitate to contact our team today by filling out our form or calling 1-800-590-4116. We are hard-working lawyers for hard-working people.