Every year nearly 5,000 Americans are involved in fatal truck accidents, and unfortunately Pennsylvania has one of the highest truck accident rates in the United States. The sheer magnitude of a tractor-trailer or 18-wheeler makes these collisions particularly serious. Almost 98% of the time a collision between a large truck and passenger vehicle result in catastrophic injuries for the driver or passengers of the smaller vehicle.
Considering the devastating impact that a collision with an 18-wheeler, big rig or other large truck may have on the victim or victims, it is important to consider your options in seeking compensation for property damage, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and for permanent injury or disfigurement. The best way to defend yourself from the variety of complex difficulties that truck accidents presents is to hire a skilled lawyer who will work with you to get the compensation you deserve.
Truck accidents present a variety of difficulties that must be resolved in order to secure the best possible result on behalf of an injured client. It is important to consider your options in seeking compensation for property damage, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and for permanent injury or disfigurement. At McEldrew Law, we understand the complexities that are associated with these catastrophic accidents. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury as a result of a semi-truck accident, you must hire a lawyer who has the experience to properly investigate and prosecute your truck accident claim.
The sheer magnitude of these commercial vehicles make accidents particularly serious. These collisions may occur for a variety of reasons. Perhaps the truck driver is distracted, making a phone call or looking at a GPS. Maybe the accident is a result of faulty breaks or poor weather conditions. The driver may be fatigued or driving too fast in order to meet a delivery deadline.
To ensure you get full and fair compensation for a semi-truck accident injury, McEldrew Law will conduct a thorough investigation of the facts and circumstances of your case. At McEldrew Law, we have over 30 years experience in litigating accident cases. We take all semi-truck accident injury claims on a contingency basis, and will only charge you attorney fees if we are able to obtain financial compensation for your losses.
Attorney Jim McEldrew is an accomplished truck accident lawyer. At McEldrew Law, we provide comprehensive counsel to those who have suffered injury in accidents involving speeding, driver error, aggressive driving, negligent maintenance and issues of corporate responsibility in commercial vehicle accidents of all types. We take care of all types of serious and catastrophic injury claims including brain or spinal cord injury, broken bones, burns, paralysis, and amputation or loss of limb. We also handle wrongful death claims.
McEldrew Law has won over $100,000,000 for our clients in various personal injury cases. Below is a sample of recent cases won related to motor vehicles:
Truck Accidents & Motor Vehicles
- $4.5 million from a defendant driver of a trucking company who failed to stop at a stop sign and crushed a mother of a 5-year-old child. Defendants were in violation of the hours of service laws.
- $2.9 million settlement on behalf of a single woman’s survivors when a truck driver failed to properly perform a pre-trip certification and inspection of wheels. As a result, the truck’s wheel came off and struck plaintiff’s vehicle, killing her.
- $1.8 million settlement on behalf of a 43-year-old woman whose vehicle was struck by a tractor-trailer that crossed the center line, causing multiple traumatic injuries and disability.
- $925,000 settlement for auto accident (policy limits) in which plaintiff was a 19-year-old passenger in a vehicle which was hit by oncoming vehicle when driver went through a stop sign. Both parties tested positive for drugs (Montgomery County, PA). Plaintiff had back surgery with hardware but never followed up with physical therapy.
- $650,000 ($500K – design defect of DOT; $100k – wrong doer; $50k – underinsurance) on behalf of a 56-year-old school teacher who sustained head injuries and cognitive deficits.
- $250,000 on behalf of a woman who sustained a knee injury resulting in multiple surgeries and inability to play sports (uninsured motorist claim; still pursuing).
- $1.35 million ($900k – auto manufacturer; $450k – disputed uninsured motorist claim from employer) on behalf of an estate of a 58-year-old man who was struck while waiting in traffic. ($400k under uninsured motorist claim still ongoing).
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists
- $4.5 million settlement on behalf of a police officer who suffered a below-the-knee amputation when he was hit by an uninsured motorist. ($750k – $250k, civil rights; $250K – DRAM shop case; $250k verdict for bad faith).
- $650,000 award on behalf of a woman who suffered several fractures of her foot in a rear-end collision.
No Cost Unless We Win
At McEldrew Law, we take a vested interest in your case. You NEVER pay a DIME unless we win. In many cases, we can also advance the expenses necessary to work with experts. We like to view ourselves as partners in your case to maximize your damages. We fight with everything we have to get you everything you deserve.
We urge you to call us today at 1-800-590-4116 for a free consultation if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident. In addition, feel free to review the information we have provided on our site. You may find a great deal of helpful information regarding truck accidents.