Hospital Malpractice Lawyers
Most hospital malpractice cases allege negligence against one or more physicians. Hospitals, treatment centers, residential care facilities and nursing homes can be held liable for a patient’s damages under a wide range of circumstances, including:
- Medical records errors
- Patient neglect or abuse
- Injuries or deaths attributed to miscommunication between doctors and nurses
- Negligent failure of a nurse to report changes in vital signs after surgery or treatment
- Prescription and medication errors related to a nurse’s performance
- Negligent care in postoperative treatment
- Infections acquired during a hospital stay
- Injuries caused by defective or misused medical equipment
- Patient neglect in intensive care units
It is important to establish liability against hospitals for medical negligence. Some hospitals employ nurses in highly specialized capacities, such as nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives or psychiatric nurses. Our law firm knows how to establish both the fact of malpractice on the part of these professionals and prove the damages that result from the mistakes. Sometimes legal issues related to employer-employee relationships, the defined scope of an employment relationship, or the existence of an independent contractor arrangement as opposed to employment will complicate the liability of a hospital for the professional errors of a nurse or technician. McEldrew Young Purtell’s experience with anticipating and resolving these complications represents a significant advantage for the firm’s medical malpractice clients.
If you need to learn about your legal options in a case of hospital negligence largely attributable to a nurse or other hospital employee, or for additional information about your legal right to recover damages in cases of hospital negligence, discuss your case with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Don’t hesitate to contact our team of lawyers at McEldrew Young Purtell today by filling out our form or calling 1-800-590-4116. We are hard-working lawyers for hard-working people.