Medical Malpractice Lawyers PA
If you or your family have been a victim of a hospital or doctor’s error we would like to discuss your case with you and answer any questions you have. We are fully committed to helping accident victims recover the full value of their losses. Every client we serve benefits from prompt and direct access to the founding attorney, so the guidance you receive is that of a seasoned professional with an outstanding reputation for results and integrity.
When you entrust your health and well-being to health care providers, you expect just that: health care. Unfortunately, when pressures on health care providers causes them to make mistakes, it is live human beings who suffer. If you or a family member was injured, or if a family member lost his or her life because of a doctor’s error, an emergency room error, or a prescription error, it is imperative that you speak with our Medical Malpractice lawyers today.
Types of medical events considered “Medical Malpractice” in PA
McEldrew Young Purtell has been fighting for the rights of people injured because of errors occurring in medical care situations. Turn to our experienced Philadelphia medical malpractice law firm for answers and help with regard to any type of medical-related injury or death:
- Birth trauma/injury: Will your child pay with their life or a lifetime of struggle for a doctor’s mistake? Or for a hospital’s errors in the emergency room?
- Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, and delayed diagnosis: Was your loved one’s life cut short after a family doctor misdiagnosed or failed to diagnose a critical illness such as cancer or meningitis? Did you complain of symptoms, only to be ignored?
- Hospital acquired infections: Have you received an infection after staying in the hospital?
- Hospital negligence: Was another type of caregiver other than a doctor or nurse to blame for your loved one’s death by error in a hospital? Did a radiology error cause you a misdiagnosis?
- Medication and prescription errors: Were you given the wrong prescription medication?
- Surgical errors: Was your operation room the scene of a surgical error or an anesthesia error? Was surgical material or an instrument mistakenly left inside you or a loved one after receiving an operation?
- Dental malpractice: Did you suffer permanent tooth damage from your dentist? Did you have the wrong tooth pulled?
- Prisoner medical malpractice
Eligibility for wrongful death suits due to medical malpractice in PA
Be aware that only certain individuals are eligible to file a lawsuit involving the wrongful death of a loved one. In Pennsylvania, the claim is originally to be filed by an officially chosen descendant or a legally appointed personal representative of the victim’s estate should the descendant also be deceased. They are not filling for the money themselves but on behalf of the vicitm’s beneficiaries, which unless otherwise stated are the “real parties of interest” and include spouses, children, and parents only.
After six months, if the personal representative has not filed, it falls to other beneficiaries. If the PA medical malpractice claim is not made within two years of the death of the victim, beneficiaries and all other parties forfeit the right to file a wrongful death claim.
Talk to our attorneys about your potential medical malpractice lawsuit after a health care provider’s negligence caused serious harm. McEldrew Young Purtell welcomes clients from New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania communities near and far. Fill out our form or call us at our Philadelphia, PA office 1-800-590-4116.