JUUL Lawsuit Philadelphia, PA
What You Need to Know Before Filing a Lawsuit in Philadelphia, PA Against JUUL Labs
If you are a resident of Philadelphia, PA and are considering filing a lawsuit against JUUL Labs, talk to an attorney at McEldrew Young. We represent individuals and families who have been harmed as a result of using a product that was falsely advertised as safe for consumers. Recent findings point to the negligence of JUUL Labs in advertising their JUUL vaping devices as a safe alternative to traditional methods for smoking nicotine products. In fact, young persons and adults alike can become dangerously addicted to nicotine by using JUUL products and suffer serious or fatal health conditions as a result. To learn if you have legal grounds for filing a lawsuit against JUUL Labs in a Philadelphia, PA court, contact us at McEldrew Young and request a free consultation.
Philadelphia, PA Residents Can Recover Damages with a Lawsuit Against JUUL Labs
If you are a resident of Philadelphia, PA and have suffered harm because of a JUUL product, a lawsuit against the manufacturer may be your best option to recover your damages. Many users of JUUL vaping pens and other products have suffered serious or fatal conditions after using certain products on a regular basis. Despite the manufacturer’s claims that vaping pens and similar devices are a safe method for using nicotine products, nicotine is an addictive substance that can lead to heart attacks, stroke, or death. It has been established that young persons who were not previously addicted to nicotine developed an addiction through the use of JUUL vaping pens. When you seek to recover damages associated with these negative outcomes, a successful lawsuit against JUUL in a Philadelphia, PA courtroom trial could yield you compensation for the following:
- Costs for counseling and specialized products to treat nicotine addiction and safely eliminate the desire and body’s craving for nicotine.
- Costs for medical treatment of one or more health conditions resulting from the use of JUUL products. Common health concerns associated with the usage and which may form the basis of a lawsuit against JUUL by Philadelphia, PA residents include:
- Heart attacks
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Advanced asthma
- Eosinophilic pneumonia
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Costs for hospitalization, emergency room treatment, follow up visits with health practitioners
- Costs associated with unearned wages including regular wages, bonuses, earned time off, medical benefits, stock options, and more.
- Costs for modifications to one’s home to accommodate health issues associated with JUUL product usage. Examples include:
- Installation of a wheelchair ramp for access and egress of the home
- Widening of doorways to accommodate wheelchair access
- Stairlift purchase and installation to provide access to floors in the home that currently only have stairs
- Modifications to an existing vehicle, or the purchase of a vehicle that allows the individual to operate and enter as well as exit with a wheelchair