Electrical Injury Lawyer Philadelphia, PA
If you are the victim of an electrical shock injury, you know just how painful this can be and you should seek the help of an electrical injury lawyer Philadelphia, PA has to offer. While some people who suffer from electrical shock injuries may find that they only got a minor zap, other people’s lives can be dramatically altered and they may suffer from debilitating injuries. Not only can you see the results of an electrical shock injury on your skin, but it could affect other areas of your body like your ability to hear or your nervous system. Below, you will find out more information on what to do if you sustained an electrical shock as a result of someone else’s negligence, what to look out for after you were shocked, and what you can do to receive compensation for your injuries. If you have any questions or if you would like to get in contact with an electrical injury lawyer Philadelphia, PA residents trust from McEldrew Young, call our office now to speak with one of our associates.
What can cause electrical accidents?
Often, electrical accidents are caused by someone’s negligence at work sites or construction sites. Those who work at construction sites are most at-risk for becoming victims of electrical accidents. Additionally, outside of work, people may experience electrical accidents at their homes because outlets or switches were not wired correctly by an electrician. In some cases, these are typically very low-voltage currents, and while you may feel a zap, it does not necessarily mean you are injured. However, a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania electrical injury lawyer knows even with seemingly harmless appliances a victim can suffer from burns or even severe nerve damage.
What typically causes electrical injuries?
- Electrical outlets that were not placed in safe areas.
- Telephone lines that have fallen.
- Faulty wiring in wet areas, like a pool.
- Malfunctioning commercial appliances or equipment.
- Extension cords that were not discarded properly.
- Exposed wires.
Compensation For Your Injuries
When you believe that your injuries are the result of someone else’s negligence, you should speak with an electrical injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA today to discuss your compensation options. Some of these may include:
- Lost Wages. This can apply to past, present, and future lost wages that were the result of missing work because of your injuries.
- Medical Bills/Expenses. Because electrical accident victims often sustain serious injuries, they likely need to go through hospital stays, surgeries, and even rehabilitation or therapy to ensure they can walk, talk, and lead a normal life.
- Pain and Suffering. While this is not as easily-quantifiable as expenses, many people who are the victims of an electrical accident can be compensated for their pain and suffering.
- Wrongful Death. If one of your loved ones was the victim of an electrical accident and they passed away, you may be able to get compensation for their wrongful death.
How can an electrical injury lawyer Philadelphia, PA residents trust help me?
Filing a personal injury claim for your electrical accident can become complicated very quickly, and the sooner you have an attorney on your side from the law firm of McEldrew Young, the sooner we can begin working on your claim to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Never hesitate to try and get the help you need. If you are the victim of an electrical accident and are looking for a Philadelphia, PA electrical injury lawyer, reach out to us today.