Teenage JUUL Lawsuit
What is the Basis for a Teenage JUUL Lawsuit?
With names like Crème Brulee, Mango, and Fruit Medley, teenagers are understandably drawn to e-cigarette flavors such as these. Fruity and “fun” vaping flavors attract youngsters, who often try these taste temptations thinking they are merely flavored water vapor. They may fail to realize that they are consuming nicotine—and usually a large quantity of it—by using electronic nicotine delivery systems such as JUUL pods. Nicotine is a harmful chemical, producing many adverse health effects and considered as addictive as cocaine or heroin.
Revealing the Deception
In the United States, laws are put in place to protect consumers from manufacturers who use deceptive advertising and falsely portray their products as safe. However, many e-cigarette manufacturers, like JUUL Labs, deceive the public about the extent and severity of the dangers associated with using their products.
Numerous class action and personal injury lawsuits involving JUUL are being presented in the legal system today. These claims allege that:
- JUUL violated established laws that prohibit advertisers from making false, misleading, or deceptive statements in their ads.
- JUUL violated specific federal regulations by claiming that its electronic nicotine delivery product was a safer substitute for traditional cigarettes (according to the Food and Drug Administration).
- JUUL had a targeted and aggressive online social media marketing campaign that openly advertised their products as “safer alternatives” for persons trying to quit smoking traditional cigarettes.
- According to studies, the chemical flavorings and additives in e-cigarettes have the potential to cause more harm and damage to the lungs than what is produced by traditional cigarettes.
- JUUL illegally (and deliberately) marketed its products to minors. The company copied Big Tobacco’s youth marketing plan to addict children and teenagers to nicotine.
- JUUL pods offered a wide variety of enticing flavors such as crème brulee, mango, fruit medley, and cool cucumber. Attorneys are claiming that the JUUL flavors are a substantial cause of the youth vaping epidemic.
The Basis for a Lawsuit
To learn if you have grounds to file a lawsuit on behalf of your teenager or child, you are well-advised to contact a JUUL injury lawyer. An attorney knows how to navigate the system against JUUL Labs and other e-cigarette manufacturers regarding their nicotine vapor products, and you might be able to receive a significant monetary award for damages.
Indeed, a monetary award for damages doesn’t make up for the harm done to your child by companies such as JUUL Labs. However, in bringing this issue to the courtroom stage, both parents and youngsters can be made more aware of the health hazards of e-cigarettes and JUUL, in particular. Plus, such actions will help to dispel the myth that e-cigarettes are a safe alternative to traditional cigarettes. Truly, your teenage JUUL lawsuit could help prevent other children, teenagers, and their families from suffering damage and harm.
If your teenager has been victimized by JUUL’s deceptive marketing and the highly addictive composition of its products, JUUL injury lawyers can help. Attorneys at McEldrew Young Purtell understand that, as parents, watching your child engage in a nicotine vaping habit can be a very challenging and frustrating experience. They want to help you hold JUUL accountable for their role in creating your child’s harm or addiction.