Burn Injury Lawyer Philadelphia, PA
If you have sustained a serious burn injury because of someone else’s negligence, it is time to seek help from a burn injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA from McEldrew Young. For many people, suffering from a burn injury is not that uncommon. Perhaps you were cooking something on the stovetop and oil splatters on your hand, or you were reaching into an oven and accidentally scraped your hand against the coil on top. Whatever the case, burn accidents happen fairly often. However, if you are the victim of a burn accident because of someone else’s negligence, you should not have to suffer through the pain and pay for your high medical bills. Burn injuries can range from minor to life-threatening, and some people may even be disfigured for life. A Philadelphia, Pennsylvania burn injury lawyer has helped many burn victims get the compensation they deserve after someone else’s negligence has caused their injury, and we are committed to helping you with your case. For more information, reach out to the law firm McEldrew Young today.
What are common types of burn injuries?
A burn injury lawyer in Philadelphia, PA knows that there are many common types of burn injuries. Below, you will find a list of the five most common types, how they typically occur, and what the recovery looks like.
- Thermal Burns. These kinds of burns are fairly common and are usually the result of coming into contact with a flame or with fire. A thermal burn can range from mild to severe, and the damage that it does will depend on how long your skin was in contact with the heat. Prolonged contact with fire or a flame can cause fourth-degree burns, the most severe type of burn.
- Electrical Burns. When a person comes into contact with live electricity, it passes through the body at a very quick pace. When this happens, it can cause serious damage. In some cases, the injuries are not as obvious on the outside of the body, but there is extreme damage done to organs or your nervous system. In many cases, the victim may have a heart attack or brain damage.
- Hot Liquid Burns. Many people experience hot liquid burns, and this can be the result of extremely hot water from a bath, shower, cooking, or steam. They can end up being mild to life-threatening.
- Chemical Burns. Especially for those who work with industrial chemicals or household cleaning products, chemical burns can happen. The acids in different products can destroy skin cells and the damage done can be seen almost immediately.
- Radiation Burns. When someone works around radiation, they may experience a radiation burn. It is also a type of burn that can happen as a result of medical treatments that use radiation, like chemotherapy.
The burn injury wasn’t my fault. Can a Philadelphia, PA burn injury lawyer help me?
If you sustained a burn injury like one of the injuries listed above and it was the result of someone else’s negligence, you should seek the help of a burn injury attorney immediately. People who are the victims of burn injuries may be facing extremely high medical bills for treatments for their brain injuries or even for plastic surgery. If you are the victim of a burn injury because of someone else and are looking for compensation, reach out to a burn injury lawyer Philadelphia, PA residents trust from McEldrew Young.